So the trip home was interesting. Flew from Russia to London and spent the last night with my awesome friends at a pretty nice hotel in London. We massacred a buffet-- which was amazing. The next morning I said goodbye to some friends and Emily, Andrew, and I headed off to the airport together. We flew from London to Chicago on a plane full of crying children, but on the bright side our TVs worked and we watched a LOT of movies! :) Yay for that! We arrived in Chicago to find Emily and my flights where canceled. We waited in the customer service line for FOREVER and then got our options to get home. I ended up having to fly to St. Louis and then wait for another flight up to Minneapolis. When I arrived in St. Louis my flight to Minneapolis was canceled, and so the airline gave me a free night in a hotel. :) I spent a whopping 4 hours in the hotel before heading back to the airport to wait in another line to get a different ticket to Minneapolis. That flight wasn't canceled and I made it back to Minneapolis by 9 AM on Monday. I started traveling Saturday at noon Russia time and was home in my house at 5:30 PM Monday WI time. So it was a long weekend.
I did get to enjoy a trip to WALMART! which was oh so very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) My mom laughed at me- because I was so excited and giggling about things all being in one store. Then yesterday I got to babysit my sweetheart of a 2 year old- which kept me very busy.
My adventure in Russia is over, but I will treasure the experience forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment